Our London diving medical service at Whipps Cross Hospital offers a comprehensive range of diving medicals and assessments for both sport (scuba) divers and commercial divers, as well as Topside and other specialist medicals for construction workers and corporate clients. Opening hours 9am-5pm Monday – Friday.
- HSE Diving medical for Commercial Divers
- HSE diving medical for working Instructors (eg. PADI)
- Follow-up assessments after treatment for decompression illness
- Sport diving medical (if yes box has been ticked in pre-dive self certification form, for BSAC, PADI, SSI and other agencies) or if you are diving in a country where it is mandatory to have a diving medical.
- Oil & Gas UK Medical
- Corporate Travel Medical (in conjunction with iNHEMACO)
All medicals are carried out at our Hyperbaric facility by experienced dive medical doctors and Approved Medical Examiner of Divers (AMED)s experienced in scuba diving medicine.
WHAT IT COSTS
- Sportdiving medicals (PADI / BSAC etc) £60
- Post DCI follow-up assessments £60
- HSE medical (initial) £100
- HSE medical (repeat) £80
- Oil & Gas UK medical £150
( Payment must be made in person when attending for a medical, by cash debit / credit card or cheque)
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
HSE medical exam form for GP
If your medical has expired, please call our recption on 0208 539 1222 to check if a full HSE medical or a Follow-up (repeat) medical is required. Please allow 1,5 hrs for an initial HSE medical and 1 hr for a follow-up (repeat) medical. Please make every effort to be punctual as we may not be able to proceed with a medical if you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment.
Most answers to questions about HSE medicals can be found here.
- If you have diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2) please complete section A of this Diving & Diabetes form and ask your GP to complete Section B.
- You will also need a summary of your medical history from your GP covering the last 2 years.
Important: Remember to have your diving medical BEFORE booking holidays or buying equipment as there may be further investigations required. These can take two weeks to arrange.
If you have any adverse or rare condition, then you should discuss this with the doctor who will be doing your medical before the day of your appointment. Please call 0208 539 1222.
Most answers to questions about PADI / BSAC medicals can be found here.
To book a diving medical please call 0208 539 1222
09.00hrs – 17.00hrs, Monday – Friday
For all queries, cancellations or rebookings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org call 020 8539 1222